What's new

Bike Communications

I tried earbuds and didn't care for it. My hearing is blocked with ear buds in, even when I mute the phone, so I can't listen to my surroundings when I want to. And the cords ain't it. Not a problem on a long trip, but no good running errands and having the helmet off and on several times. Plus my phone is usually tucked away in a jacket pocket or bag. I'm pretty spoiled to Bluetooth 😁

Sena sound volume is fine. More than I need, it's just very thin and tinny sounding when playing music. Calls and GPS it's fine, just all treble and no mid/lows.

Which Sena do you have? Maybe my old models are just lacking
Mine is the Spider RT1. The only downside to this one, or maybe Sena, is you have to download their app in order to crank up the phone volume on the headset. It's set at 10% by default. Music and everything else is whatever you have your phone's volume set to. Sound is clear. People I talk to on the phone can't hear any of the wind noise while I'm out and about.

I tried earbuds and didn't care for it. My hearing is blocked with ear buds in, even when I mute the phone, so I can't listen to my surroundings when I want to. And the cords ain't it. Not a problem on a long trip, but no good running errands and having the helmet off and on several times. Plus my phone is usually tucked away in a jacket pocket or bag. I'm pretty spoiled to Bluetooth 😁

Sena sound volume is fine. More than I need, it's just very thin and tinny sounding when playing music. Calls and GPS it's fine, just all treble and no mid/lows.
Some Senas have an ambient feature that will pipe audio of your surroundings through whatever you have plugged in. But yeah, the ear buds are a bit annoying. I use both the speakers and the earbuds depending on what I'm doing...basically if I'm riding street for > 30 minutes I'll use earbuds. Trying to find the quiet helmet/loud speaker combo has diminishing returns. At some point it's cheaper to get something custom molded.

I just looked at Sena's website again and jesus,why are there so many different models? I mean look at this...these are just different "series" not even individual models...

1715008587637.png

Top Bottom Back Refresh